Pinkham Millinery Blog
Here are the dates for my next 3 millinery classes:
Sat. March 7th, 5 - 7pm
Sun. March 8th, 11 - 5pm
Mon. March 9th, 9am - 12pm
Sat. March 21st, 5 - 7pm
Sun. March 22nd, 11 - 5pm
Mon. March 23rd, 9am - 12pm
April 11th, 5 - 7pm
April 12th, 11 - 5pm
April 13th, 9 - 12pm
Intro to Millinery ~ $595
During this weekend workshop you will learn how to steam and block felt and straw,
using traditional millinery techniques on vintage hat blocks. Millinery
is a vast subject, and this workshop will serve as a general
introduction to the craft. In this class you will design and block three
hats: two felt and one straw.
Techniques covered are:
1. Blocking and shaping on wooden millinery blocks
2. Basic millinery related stitches
3. Inserting wire in the brim, and brim edge finishes
4. Measuring headsizes and custom fitting hats
5. Embellishing with decorative trim; ribbons, flowers, felt/straw braids, veiling and feathers
Some materials included.
*Prerequisite for all other classes, workshops, and lab time.
One on one instruction with Dayna Pinkham
- 3 days, 5 hours a day, 15 hours total. $1,125
- 2 weeks, 5 hours a day, 50 hours total. $3,750
- 1 month, 5 hours a day, 100 hours total. $7,500
Call or email to sign up!